Saturday, October 30, 2021

Top 10



I'm my favorite MC by default, I'm my favorite Griot by default, but there's those that influence ME that find the best midpoint between the two, the ones that I revisit the most, because their material, whether its flow or substance or both, gives me the most of what I enjoy and need on some level. I'm not doing a top 10, because hierarchies waste time and energy, the only hierarchy that is constant is age.

 No particular order


Solo Acts:
Ice Cube
2Pac
Biggie 
Kanye West
Dr.Dre
Andre3K 
Big Boi
Lauryn Hill 
Krayzie Bone
Bizzy Bone
Twista
DJ Quik
Big K.R.I.T. 
Lupe Fiasco
Busta Rhymes
50 Cent 
Missy Elliot
Snoop
Common
Eminem
Kendrick Lamar
Jay-Z
Nas
Erykah Badu
 
Groups/Collectives:
Bone Thugs N Harmony 
Outkast/Dungeon Family 
Little Brother 
Wu-Tang Clan 
N.W.A. 
Cash Money Records 
Crucial Conflict

No comments:

Post a Comment