Wednesday, September 15, 2021

I take an "If it works for you, then it's legit" approach to religions and spirituality, whether it be God, Allah, Yahweh, Brahma, Spirit, the Universe, the Eggun, or Eastern concepts such as Zen and Tao. For a strictly scientific mind, those beliefs can be easily and righteously grouped in the category of things than cannot be proven empirically. On the other hand, I've heard representatives of the "empirical crowd" say that belief in these unseen (often sentient) forces is akin to a mental illness that must be addressed and perhaps cleansed. I think such a cleansing would be an undertaking in futility. I am a believer in spirituality and religion.  If I'm crazy, then my crazy is bothering nobody, so to be so adamantly against a crazy that bothers nobody, is well.....crazy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment